1. Privacy Statement 1.1 This Privacy Statement is to be read and applied together with the Terms of Service of FoodScoop Pty Ltd, as published on the FoodScoop website.
1.2 Personal information is as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1.3 The FoodScoop Website may contain links to third party websites. FoodScoop is not responsible for the privacy policies of any third party websites.
2. Collection of Personal Information 2.1 FoodScoop only collects personal information in order to conduct our operations and business as an online food ordering service provider. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
(a) sign up, log in or subscribe to the Foodscoop website;
(b) change your FoodScoop profile details;
(c) complete an order on the FoodScoop website; or
(d) contact FoodScoop via any method.
2.2 The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to:
(a) your name;
(b) your contact details including your email address, home address, contact number, and billing address;
(c) your payment details; and
(d) other personal information that we collect in the course of a transaction or that you provide to us when you contact us.
2.3 We may collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of FoodScoop but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via the FoodScoop website or during the course of a transaction.
2.4 Where reasonably practicable, FoodScoop will attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When FoodScoop collects information, FoodScoop will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it and how we will use it or, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances.
2.5 In the event where FoodScoop collects information about an individual from someone who is not the individual concerned, FoodScoop will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual concerned has been made aware of the matters in clause 2.4.
2.6 FoodScoop will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
(a) your computer's operating system;
(b) your computer's browser type and capabilities;
(c) your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
(d) web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page; and
(e) web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information.
2.8 FoodScoop will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law or in accordance with our Terms of Service.
3. Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information 3.1 FoodScoop will use your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where a reasonable person would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. In all other events, FoodScoop may use your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
3.2 Generally, FoodScoop will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the goods or services which you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business and operations as an online retailer of goods and services.
3.3 If the purposes for which FoodScoop has collected the information involve FoodScoop actively and directly providing personal information about an individual to any third party, FoodScoop will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure any personal information is protected or that you have impliedly or expressly consented to this prior.
3.4 FoodScoop will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
3.5 When registering with FoodScoop, you consent to FoodScoop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This includes sending you deal emails. You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
4. Security of Your Personal Information FoodScoop take steps to protect the personal information that we hold against loss, unauthorised use, access, disclosure, modification or other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
5. Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure 5.1 Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information that FoodScoop collects and holds about you.
5.2 Generally, subject to the exceptions of APP 12.3, FoodScoop will allow an individual access to the personal information that FoodScoop holds about them within a reasonably practicable time after it is requested. This is conditional upon the completeness and validility of the request. For instance, when requesting such access please identify the precise information requested. You may make a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.3 FoodScoop takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that FoodScoop collects, uses and discloses is accurate, current and complete. If an individual requests to correct information, FoodScoop will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information in the manner outlined in clause 5.2 above.
5.4 To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how FoodScoop handles your personal information, you may contact FoodScoop at the email provided in clause 5.2. FoodScoop will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.